Frequently asked questions for self help.
Please take a quick look at common questions (and answers) in the default list. If you can't find what you're looking for, start off by selecting your Ability Office version and then narrow it down by entering search text and/or category.
Knowledge base article 70How to make a page border
You can use the Format/Page Background feature of Write to make almost any border pattern you want. The steps are:
- Start Photopaint, select File/New and set the image size roughly the size of typical stationary (e.g. 640x960)
- Use the Select menu to Select All.
- Use the fill tool to make the page white (or you can choose a different color or pattern).
- Use the Select menu and select Contract and contract by 50.
- Again use the Select menu and select Invert.
- You now have an area to fill in whatever style you want or use the drawing tools in combination with the square brush to draw out any shape.
- Save the file in a simple graphic format. For example, File/Save As/GIF and call it "border".
- In Write, select Format/Page Background and set Display to "Stretch", tick the From Filecheck box and browse to open the border graphic.
NB: click on the GIF to preview it and right-click over it and select Save Target As to download. To use these examples, you must download and save both files in the pair.
|border4.aww||border4.gif||Page Curl - uses Filters/Artistic/Page Curl in Photopaint|