Frequently asked questions for self help.
Please take a quick look at common questions (and answers) in the default list. If you can't find what you're looking for, start off by selecting your Ability Office version and then narrow it down by entering search text and/or category.
Knowledge base article 128Emailing from a database form
Suppose you have a field that contains email addresses for a list of contacts and you want a simple way to create an email from a database form.
The easiest way is to add a new field to the table of type Calculated:
- Open the table and select Format/Table
- Add a new field (e.g. call it emailto) and set type to Calculated
- Click Format and then Formula
- Enter: =hyperlink(concat("mailto:", email), email) where email is the name of your field containing the email address
- Save and select View/Form for clickable link
An example of such a database is here: EMAILFORM.ADB