Frequently asked questions for self help.
Knowledge base article 128Emailing from a database form
Suppose you have a field that contains email addresses for a list of contacts and you want a simple way to create an email from a database form.
The easiest way is to add a new field to the table of type Calculated:
- Open the table and select Format/Table
- Add a new field (e.g. call it emailto) and set type to Calculated
- Click Format and then Formula
- Enter: =hyperlink(concat("mailto:", email), email) where email is the name of your field containing the email address
- Save and select View/Form for clickable link
An example of such a database is here: EMAILFORM.ADB